Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Sunday:
- At last Auburn gets to play for the BCS title, writes Jon Solomon of the Birmingham News.
- Tigers to play Oregon for national championship, reports Brad Zimanek of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- Auburn just too much for South Carolina, reports Travis Haney of the Charleston Post and Courier.
- It turned out to be child’s play for Cameron Newton, writes John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Is Newton the greatest collegian ever? asks Mark Bradley of the AJC.
- Elezi scores 24 as Vanderbilt beats Belmont in basketball, reports Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean.
- Purdue sinks Alabama with three-pointers, writes Stacy Clardie of the Ft. Wayne Journal-Gazette.
- Ole Miss knocks off Southern Miss 86-81, reports the AP.
- Johnson’s double-double leads Arkansas over Troy, reports Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
- The Gator Bowl is a possibility for Tennessee, writes Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.