Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Wednesday:
- Three-pointer gives Georgia win over Georgia Tech, reports Carroll Rogers of the AJC.
- Ware makes seven threes in win over Yellow Jackets, writes Roger Clarkson of the Athens Banner-Herald.
- Bulldogs’ win big help to hoped-for breakthrough season, writes Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph.
- Arkansas prepared for Seton Hall tonight at Freedom Hall, writes Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
- Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean reports that Vanderbilt faces a tough road test tonight at Missouri.
- Tennessee is set to welcome transfer Jeronne Maymon, reports Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Rachel George of the Orlando Sentinel compares Cameron Newton’s season with Tim Tebow’s Heisman season.
- Cecil Newton should be barred from the Heisman Trophy ceremony, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News.
- BCS title game won’t feature much defense, writes Joe Medley of the Anniston Star.
- John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel writes that Tennessee suffers from a lack of acclaim, but not promise.
- Gene Stallings humbled by Hall of Fame induction, reports Don Kausler, Jr. of the Birmingham News.
- Lobbying effort helped deliver Gator Bowl bid to Mississippi State, reports Brad Locke of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Gator made the simple choice by picking MSU, writes David Miller of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Georgia native eager to face Georgia in Liberty Bowl, writes Iliana Limon of the Orlando Sentinel.