Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
A 5-spot from just-complete UK basketball interviews, previewing Saturday’s game with North Carolina:
1. Alan Cutler was hot on the Enes Kanter reaction angle, etc. The WLEX-TV anchor asked every player about the Kanter situation, and if the team expected to hear anything after yesterday’s appeal hearing was conducted. They all said they had no idea. They said that Enes has been in good spirits, joking around, and that he has played well in practice. Asked what it would be like if UK had Kanter for Saturday’s game with the Heels, Doron Lamb said, “That would be crazy.”
2. John Robic pinch-hit for head coach John Calipari again. Cal is here, and was to conduct practice, but did not talk to the local media here for interviews. By the way, Robic said he had no idea what was going on with the Kanter situation. “I’m like everybody else around here.” Asked about first true road game of the year, he said it wasn’t like football where you can blast music to simulate crowd noise.
3. Brandon Knight said he does know Harrison Barnes. But the UK freshman said he had not talked to the North Carolina freshman in awhile. He said that Barnes is a great player, and that he looked forward to playing against him.
4. Knight did not know that Josh Harrellson had been called a “mother hen,” laughing at the notion.
5. Robic on Barnes: “He’s a very talented player. I’ve never seen him play in person, just on tape, but at 6-7, 6-8 he’s a jump shooter who can create his own shot. They look to him for big shots. They run some isolations for him. A good offensive rebounder. I think they’re expecting a lot; it’s unfair what the media has done with him, I think there have been people who have said that. But he sure is a talent. He’s a pro. He’s a definite pro. We have our hands full with him because of his size.”