Content provided by Vanderbilt Sports Line.
So yesterday was dominated by the news of Coach Caldwell’s resignation and the football team getting man-handled by a pretty bad Wake Forrest team but I was focused on the b-ball game. Vandy beat Appalachian State by a score of 86-73. I could only follow on stat tracker as I was on the Bolt Bus down to D.C. but here are some of my thoughts……
1. At what point do we become concerned about Taylor’s struggles? I know he got hurt in the previous game but he has been basically non-existent on the offensive zone in 3 out of the last 4 games. He is a junior, he should be more consistent then this especially if he wants to be 1st round NBA draft pick.
2. Huge game from Festus. He is still fouling too much but he is surpassing AJ’s production from last year (if you don’t count foul shooting).
3. Break out game from Lance. We can afford to have Taylor struggle if Lance plays this well consistently. But can he?
4. Solid jack of all trades days from Brad and Andre. You guys don’t have to score a ton. Get 5-10 points, 5-8 bds, 5-8 assists. Love it.
5. When Jenkins is feeling it he is unstoppable. Still would like to get him even more shots. He is gonna drop 35-40 on someone real soon. Would love for it to be on ESPN so he can get the attention he deserves (maybe against Mizzou?)