Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Thursday:
- John Pelphrey reels in an impressive basketball class at Arkansas, reports Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
- Auburn appears to be placing its trust in Cameron Newton, writes Evan Woodbery of the Mobile Press-Register.
- Joe Medley of the Anniston Star calls it Cam Scam 2010.
- Even by SEC standards, the Cameron Newton saga is bizarre, writes Mark Bradley of the AJC.
- Mississippi State confirms that it did blow the whistle on Newton earlier this year, reports Brandon Marcello of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Matt Hinton of Yahoo Sports wonders what took the NCAA so long to follow up on Newton.
- Georgia linebacker Justin Houston says he’s ready for Cameron Newton, writes David Paschall of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Florida preparing for South Carolina, the best third-down team in the SEC, reports Rachel George of the Orlando Sentinel.
- Tennessee basketball holds on to it two signees, reports Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Bradley Beal sticks with commitment and signs with Florida, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun.