Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Thursday:
- Georgia will open basketball season without Trey Thompkins, reports Tim Tucker of the AJC.
- Going to a bowl as a 5-7 team is a possibility, writes Kyle Veazey of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Florida’s kicker answered Georgia’s taunts with a kiss, reports Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
- Florida basketball knocks off Georgetown College, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun.
- Julio Jones and Patrick Peterson are ready for the third round, writes Chase Goodbread of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Trent Richardson’s mother is staying busy, writes Glenn Guilbeau of the Shreveport News.
- Auburn’s Michael Dyer is following Bo Jackson’s lead, writes Charles Goldberg of the Birmingham News.
- Jay G. Tate of the Montgomery Advertiser reports that Auburn says it is more than one player.
- Tennessee won’t change its passing game with Bray at quarterback, reports Andrew Gribble of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- South Carolina leans on Lattimore, writes Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.