Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Wednesday:
- Joe Schad of ESPN reports that both Cecil Newton and his son Cameron spoke of the pay-for-play plan.
- Cameron Newton is under fire again, writes Jay G. Tate of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News on whether latest hit on Cameron Newton is a bomb or a dud.
- Gene Chizik says latest Newton allegations are pure garbage, reports John Zenor of the Associated Press.
- Urban Meyer claims he played no role in Cameron Newton stories, reports Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun.
- Slow down before knocking Newton, writes Rick Cleveland of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Unstoppable on the field, Newton is being assailed off it, writes Mark Wiedmer of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Newton needs to reveal the truth about academic allegations at Florida, writes Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel.
- Florida has had Novembers to remember and forget, writes Edward Aschoff of the Gainesville Sun.
- Alabama’s offensive line looking for answers, writes Chase Goodbread of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Concussion issues lingering for Jeremiah Masoli, reports David Brandt of the AP.
- Bruce Pearl says exhibition loss was an early wake-up call, writes Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Tyler Bray honing his survival skills as Tennessee quarterback, reports Austin Ward of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Les Miles is softer on Nick Saban these days, writes Glenn Guilbeau of the Shreveport Times.