Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Friday:
- Auburn opens its new basketball arena tonight, reports Charles Bennett of the Anniston Star.
- Alabama basketball ready for change in fortunes tonight, writes Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Tennessee Lady Vols and Vols are different teams with same goals, writes Mike Strange of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- LSU basketball looking to rebound, writes Jim Kleinpeter of the Times-Picayune.
- Chris Low of espn.com reports that the Cameron Newton went to another level on Thursday.
- The audio of Kenny Rogers says Cameron Newton’s father did ask for money.
- Are we sickened yet by the whole Cameron Newton affair? asks Mark Bradley of the AJC.
- Should Auburn still play Cameron Newton and stand by his father? asks Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News.
- Missing out on Newton may not have been a bad thing for Mississippi State, writes Brad Locke of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Florida’s Chris Rainey had never planned on going to prison, writes Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
- South Carolina juggling emotions as huge game approaches, writes Travis Haney of the Charleston Post and Courier.
- Mississippi State ready for a physical football game at Alabama, reports Brandon Marcello of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Tennessee football expecting to face Jeremiah Masoli, reports Wes Rucker of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Georgia’s defense ready to step on to national stage, writes Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald.