Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Sunday:
- Cameron Newton handles distractions and wows the fans in Auburn’s 49-31 win over Georgia, writes Mark McCarter of the Huntsville Times.
- Auburn puts Newton saga aside to wrap up SEC West, writes Brad Zimanek of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- South Carolina blows out Florida 36-14 to win the SEC East, reports Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel writes that Steve Spurrier is the Swamp Fox once again.
- The Chicken Curse is officially dead, writes Ron Morris of The State.
- Big plays lift Alabama to a 30-10 thumping of Mississippi State, reports Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Drained Mississippi State couldn’t keep up with Alabama, writes Brandon Marcello of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Many gaffes for Ole Miss in 52-14 loss to Tennessee, reports Kyle Veazey of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Tennessee jumped all over the routed Rebels, writes Mike Strange of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- LSU rolls over UL-Monroe 51-0, reports Randy Rosetta of The Advocate.
- Arkansas stretches win streak to four with 58-21 win over UTEP, reports Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
- Will it ever get better for Mark Richt at Georgia? asks Mark Bradley of the AJC.