Of course he should keep playing. What's the difference if they have to forfeit 8 games or 14 and a national title? Bottom line is, only Georgia, Bama, S.C. and the Gators have the opportunity to put an end to this farce. Once again, it's up to Urban Meyer and the Gators to uphold the glory and honor of the S.E.C.
Our take on the latest Cam Newton bombshell will come just a little bit later this morning, but we first wanted to bring you all the Newton-related headlines from across the web.
1. As you know, former MSU player Kenny Rogers went on the radio yesterday, reversed field, and claimed that Cecil Newton told two Mississippi State coaches that it would take “anywhere between $100,000 and $180,000″ to sign his son.
2. MSU booster Bill Bell also told ESPN last night that Newton’s father had asked for money. “That’s all I want to say about it at this point.”
3. Tony Barnhart of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes this morning that the Newton story is reaching critical mass.
4. Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News reports that “two people with extensive experience in dealing with the NCAA on eligibility matters” told him that Auburn should continue to play Newton.
5. Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com writes that cheating is worth it – if you get away with it.