Content provided by Swamp Things – Gators Blog.
Florida coach Urban Meyer updated the media on the Gators’ injury situation on the SEC teleconference on Wednesday morning:
– Kicker Caleb Sturgis will not play again this week. He has been out since the beginning of October with a hairline fracture in his vertebrae. He kicked last week to try to get ready for Georgia, but felt pain and could not play. Sturgis has not kicked this week.
– LG Carl Johnson is wearing a boot after straining his calf in practice Tuesday. Meyer expects him to play at Vanderbilt on Saturday.
– WR Andre Debose (ankle) is “closer” to returning. Meyer expected him to be limited in practice today and said he hoped he can practice full on Thursday.
– DT Jaye Howard (ankle) did not practice Tuesday but Meyer said he hoped he could practice today.
– RB Jeff Demps (foot) is being evaluated daily.
– RBs Mike Gillislee (hamstring) and Emmanuel Moody (thigh) are healthy. Neither was 100 percent vs. Georgia, Meyer said.