Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
Big Blue Links for Friday:
- Calipari thinks trip out west could be rough for Cats, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
- Portland coach is worried about turnovers, writes Tipton.
- Portland guard predicts win over Kentucky, reports Diamond Leung of espn.com.
- Don’t sleep on Portland, says Calipari, according to Brett Dawson of the Courier-Journal.
- Terrence Jones’ hometown trip is part of UK’s learning experience, writes Will Graves of the AP.
- Jones gets an early trip back home, reports the Oregonian.
- Mark Story of the Herald-Leader writes that Jacob Tamme has turned into a hot NFL commodity.
- Mike Hartline is one of the SEC’s top 10 step-up players, says Chris Low of espn.com.
- UK women’s coach Matthew Mitchell signs a 5-year extension, reports T.J. Walker of the Kentucky Kernel.
- Mitchell is now among the highest-paid women’s coaches in the SEC, reports Jennifer Smith of the H-L.