Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Wednesday:
- AP report that the SEC is considering tweaking basketball and scrapping division play.
- Florida coach Urban Meyer talks about his health issues, reports Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
- Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News writes that coaches find ways to deal with the stress.
- Georgia will start its season without a new Uga, reports Tim Tucker of the AJC.
- Tucker also reports that Mark Richt is joking around about his hot-seat questions.
- Tommy Hicks of the Mobile Press-Register writes that expansion is not a hot topic at SEC Spring Meetings.
- League officials are keeping their distance from expansion fever, writes Kyle Veazey of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Rick Cleveland of the Clarion-Ledger thinks that Ole Miss baseball might just pull a surprise.
- New UT football coach Derek Dooley is more about plan over profile, says John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- David Climer of the Tennessean writes that only Texas makes sense for SEC expansion.