Today is a travel day for me, so you’ll be getting a lump of the biggest headlines this morning… then some interesting stats a little later in the day.
Tomorrow we’ll be back to our normal, full schedule of team-by-team reports
1. Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap has been indefinitely suspended over his DUI charge and will not play in Saturday’s SEC title game.
2. Despite the Dunlap distraction, UF had a good practice yesterday and appears to be getting healthier.
3. CBS’ analyst Gary Danielson says Dunlap’s suspension will “change the strategy” of Saturday’s game.
4. In basketball news, the Gators had to come from behind in a blowout win over Florida A&M last night.
5. It appears likely that Georgia will be playing in the Independence Bowl.
6. Mark Richt talked yesterday about his relationship with mentor Bobby Bowden.
7. On the basketball front, UGA will face Rick Majerus’ St. Louis team tonight.
8. Here are 10 fun facts about the SEC title game.
11. John Calipari says his basketball team has “got a long way to go.”
12. South Carolina officials recommended yesterday a one-year contract extension for Steve Spurrier.
13. The Gamecocks win over Clemson likely didn’t help their bowl standing…
14. USC is probably headed to the SEC’s last bowl — the Papajohns.com Bowl in Birmingham.
15. Minus two starters, Darrin Horn’s current basketball team will face his old Western Kentucky squad tonight.
16. It looks like Tennessee versus Virginia Tech in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
17. Tennessee’s AD says Vol fans will have to start traveling in greater numbers if they want UT to land better bowl bids.
18. Here we go again: Asked about the SEC Championship Game, Lane Kiffin said “Florida has better players; Alabama has better coaches.”
19. In basketball news, the Vols are quite aware that ETSU — who they play tonight — knocked off Arkansas last week.
20. Freshman guard John Jenkins expects to feel more relaxed when the Commodores face Missouri tonight.