Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Thursday:
- Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News reports that Bill Curry will face his former team when Georgia State plays Alabama in 2010.
- Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun writes on new Florida assistant Richard Pitino.
- Brandon Marcello of the NW Arkansas Times reports on Arkansas’ comeback win over Virginia in the CWS.
- Rick Fires of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette calls Arkansas the Houdini Hogs.
- Mike Strange of the Knoxville News-Sentinel reports that Tennessee is paying its strength coach to hit the road.
- John Adams of the News-Sentinel writes that Tennessee recruits have faith in Lane Kiffin.
- Gentry Estes of the Mobile Press-Register reports that Alabama will appeal its NCAA sanctions.
- The Tennessean proclaims Nashville to be String Music City.
- In the AJC, Mark Bradley’s blog gives a few short words about tiny Bulldog Rennie Curran.
- Gary Laney of The Advocate writes on LSU third baseman Derek Helenihi.