Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Friday:
- Mark Bradley of the AJC asks if Georgia is crazy like a (Mark) Fox, or just crazy?
- Chip Towers of the AJC writes on the unexpected hire of Nevada’s Mark Fox as Georgia’s new basketball coach.
- Roger Clarkson of the Athens Banner-Herald writes on the Fox hire for the Bulldogs.
- Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News-Sentinel reports on Bruce Pearl’s new contract at Tennessee.
- David Climer of the Tennessean writes that Pearl’s new deal shows up Memphis.
- John Adams of the News-Sentinel writes that Pearl’s decision is a big in-state victory.
- Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News reports on Anthony Grant’s decision not to retian Philip Pearson at Bama.
- Tom Arenberg of the News writes that Grant will try to buck a pattern.
- Gainesville Sun’s Kevin Brockway reports that Florida may beef up its basketball schedule.
- Pat Dooley of the Sun writes that the SEC coaching roster is now pretty impressive.
- In The State, columnist Ron Morris writes that top commitment is moment for USC women to savor.
- Randy Rosetta of The Advocate previews LSU baseball’s series with No. 1-ranked Georgia.