Content provided by John Clay’s Sidelines.
SEC links for Thursday:
- Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News reports on Anthony Grant’s visit to Alabama.
- Tommy Deas of the Tuscaloosa News reports that Bama is waiting on Grant’s final answer.
- Tuscaloosa News columnist Cecil Hurt writes that wheels turned quickly when Grant was identified as top candidate.
- News columnist Ray Melick writes that Gene Chizik keeps the press at bay during Auburn’s spring drills.
- Maurice Patton of the Tennessean reports that in Tennessee basketball fans stayed home in 2009.
- In the AJC, Chip Towers reports on new book that examines power struggle between Vince Dooley and Michael Adams.
- AJC columnist Terence Moore wants to know what’s the big deal about Lane Kiffin knocking Florida?
- Also in the AJC, Tony Barnhart writes that Kiffin is taking a page from the Spurrier playbook.
- In the Knoxville News-Sentinel, John Adams writes that Monte Kiffin loves being back in school.
- In the Gainesville Sun, Robbie Andreu writes on the start of Florida’s spring practice.
- In The State, Joe Person writes on Emmanuel Cook’s battle to assure NFL teams he is trustworthy.
- In the NW Arkansas Times, Nate Allen writes that the Razorbacks are looking for leadership on defense.
- Gary Laney of The Advocate writes that LSU basketball will be different next season.
- Rick Cleveland of the Clarion-Ledger writes that it’s smart of MSU’s Jarvis Varnado to test the NBA waters.